Sunday, December 11, 2011

It seems to make more sense

I just posted another very, very long "Status Update" on Facebook (a few months ago, they took off word/character restrictions on Status Updates, and I have been abusing the privilege ever since). While doing that I realized that would make a heck of a lot more sense to instead post my thoughts to a blog.  From now on, I will try to post all my more drawn out thoughts (and maybe some shorter ones too---if I have any of those) here.  For the time being, until I am confident that people are actually checking in here as often as they do on Facebook, I'll likely keep posting to Facebook also.

This blog will focus (as the title indicates) on politics, philosophy, liberty and law. And, yes, I understand that "liberty" doesn't really fit as a topic with politics, philosophy and law, but it sure sounds better doesn't it? We all know that alliteration is awesome.

For now, my posts will likely focus on the Republican Presidential race and, more specifically, my candidate, Dr. Ron Paul.  I may be inspired to occasionally posts some thoughts on state and federal law aside from the relevance of each in the GOP race. And I may possibly even add the occasional anecdote from my everyday practice of law.  And I will almost absolutely post about Auburn, and other sports sometimes.  Why didn't I include "sports" in the title? Again, it wouldn't have sounded as good.  I guess I'd rather ensure good alliteration than be accurate. Is that so bad?

I will go ahead and post my last Facebook status update as my second post on here.  I'll also note that I welcome any comments, criticisms and suggestions in regard to anything about any post I might make.  You can comment here, or email me at mshelbylaw@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment